The key to an enlightened future for all mankind lies with education. How will we prepare our children for this future? What foundation will we give them in knowledge, character, morality and skills?
The Academy is:
- Free public middle school grades 5 to 8
- Project oriented learning
- Emphasis on business and leadership
- Integrated theme-based curriculum
- Advanced use of technology
- All students have access to a computer
- Parent and Community involved
- Transportation available for students within St. Johns County
The 2013 Academy Awards Boston Marathon Benefit held last week was a success! It was so much fun seeing the students dressed to impress! And according to the feedback we have received from the students this week, they had a ton of fun. This is one theme we will definitely consider for future dances. We still have monetary donations coming in for this event and are working out the final numbers. So far we are looking to send a check next week for over $200 to benefit the victims of the Boston Marathon bombing!
MANY THANKS to the following volunteers and business services that helped make this event happen:
- Our very wonderful Parent Volunteers for all their time and efforts in supplying decorations, food, and monetary donations; helping setup and/or breakdown; and chaperone. They are truly large of heart and we are so very grateful for them.
- Student Volunteers were essential to this event too. They helped put together a playlist, decorate and clean-up, and we had a few whom were so generous as to give some of their time during the dance to help serve food and to assist our photographer during Photo Ops. You are truly an asset to this school and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts!
- Mr. Monette you made a great Bouncer. Thank You so much for being there!
- Mrs. White was a beautiful Carriage Queen and the students loved riding with her. We were so pleased she was able to make it.
- Anita Miller Sackman was quite the photographer, really making the students feel they were receiving Red Carpet treatment. AND the donation of her proceeds helped us bring in an extra $63.25.
- DJ Dan from VIP Entertainment (www.aprofessionaldj.com) kept the party hopping and the donation of his time is so very much appreciated.
- Country Carriages (www.countrycarriages.net) discounted rate in support of our charity event really increased the number of VIP tickets sold. And having carriage rides available really took the event up a notch!
- Winn-Dixie‘s generous donation supplied the VIP Lounge with refreshments. Yum!
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
The Academy PTO